HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - TEAM 3 FAN-ADDICTS
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 04:57 PM
ultimag
Typical Buck

Default RE: TEAM 3 sign in

Here goes, opening day we are sitting on some roosted birds on private property in which I know we have the only permission.This property borders natl. forest. I have a buddy on one corner and me on the other to protect two potential flydown spots.I hear 2 shots I thought were my buddy.He walks over and no so we go over to see 2 Minn. hunters picking up 2 jakes. I know there were 6 long beards in there. I confront and they give the lame excuse of thinking it was public after crossing a fence with cows in it, And we seen them for a day and a half cruising around the place.They also said that they have hunted there for 8 yrs. I have never seen them before. After the shots I swa 4 birds fly over my head so after the first Fiasco we cross the creek where the birds went and they started gobbling we set up and call one in and shoot it.While the birds were coming in I see a "Hunter" sneaking along the timberline.Luckily he did not spook him. Then he comes walking over after I yell and tell him he is on private property.I tell this guy 3 times it would be in his best interest to turn and walk. He tells me he knows it is private and the fence is just right over there.Then I explain about his buddies and he says that they knocked on the ranchers door to ask permission but no one was home. Explain that one.Then in Wyoming I have a buddy down there hunting when I get the report that the ranch that he hunts is intentionally feeding the turkeys to keep them on there property so that a one armed guide can pay 100 bucks for every bird they kill. My buddy hunts there opening morning with his 12 yr old son. (The only reason he can hunt)His son gets his bird early When they witness the one armed guide pulling in late and driving down the road when his "Client Hunter" jumps out and shoots a bird feeding on some grain pile. How is that for a guided hunt? The moral of this story is unethics and greed are driving me away. Also do not book a hunt with a one armed guide in Wy.