Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives
 Team 15... Spurr-fect >

Team 15... Spurr-fect

The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 15... Spurr-fect

Old 03-03-2008, 11:52 AM

Default Team 15... Spurr-fect

Hey gang. Very excited about the contest. I hope everyone will sign in and let us all know who you are, what you're seeing, where you're hunting, and when opening day is.

I'm Mark Webb. I live in Durant, OK and hunt both Southeastern and Southwestern Oklahoma. I have the luxury of hunting Rio's in the Southwest and Easterns in the Southeast. I haven't heavily scouted the Easterns yet, but my Rio population is rockin'. Can't wait for April 6th.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:05 PM
Spike

Default RE: Team 15 Sign In

Hey Everyone.

I'm Jon Fenrick. I live in Madison WI, and will be hunting in SW Wisconsin. My season won't start till the 16th of April. I have the option of buying more tags in the later seasons, in May, for $10 a piece, so I think I'll hit that up. Can't wait to hear 'em gobble, and get out into the woods. All we need is for that darn snow to melt.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, sorry to inform you of this, but I can;t paeticipate as I didn't get drawn for a tag here in IL. I check my lottery results just today, and no luck for me. Stupid lottery!
Old 03-03-2008, 01:19 PM

Sorry to hear that Yooper. That stinks about the lottery. Heck, it's come one...come all in Oklahoma. Plenty of birds for everyone.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:59 PM
car
Typical Buck

Hi guys
My name is Ron. I live and will be hunting in Ohio. Season starts med April. We are allowed 2 birds. I shoot one with a bow and one with a gun. That is if they give me half a chance.
Time to toot my own horn!
I had the highest scoring turkey in this contest 2 years ago. Now don't get your hopes up for this year lol.
Good luck to team 15.
car
Old 03-03-2008, 07:48 PM

Hey Guys,
Im Drew Im 19 I will be hunting ohio, and michigan have a chance to take 3 birds.
Last year my I killed a tom the wieghed 25lbs 10" beard and had 1 3/8" spurs
Seems like we have a pretty good group of seasond guys here.
Dont let my age fool you ive been chasing thunderchickens with pops since i was 4
Old 03-03-2008, 08:51 PM

i was brainstorming some team names.... Longbeard Legends..
Old 03-04-2008, 01:06 AM
Typical Buck

Hello everyone its time once again to shot a turkey in the face. I'm Randy from Kentucky. I will be hunting Kentucky and Indiana. Hey webbclan how far are you from Norman, OK.I have a friend there I hunt with once in a while. Well good luck to all and lets have fun winning this thing.
Good Hunting.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:57 AM

RJP, I'm about 2 hours from Norman. But heck, get your tail to Oklahoma. Would love to give team 15 two great chances for big scores. My Southwestern birds are in unbelievable shape. We had big rains (floods) last year, but it looks like the hatch was not affected. Lots of Rio turkeys. Southeastern Oklahoma is very good also. I've got access to quite a bit of land in both sections of the state. Would love to host a teammate if you get the chance to head this way.

By the way, Thunderchicken Patrol was a name that we used for a contest a few years back. It's kinda catchy, but I'm open to whatever. You guys figure out a name and tell me to "GO" and I'm all over it.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:40 PM
JW
Super Moderator

correct spelling of team mates - clik on name to PM

TEAM #15

car

fenrick

HoytUltraTecDrew

learningturkeys

nick_bleuer76

ranchand99

RJPOUTDOORS

Talondale

webbclan

YooperMike

Quick Reply: Team 15... Spurr-fect

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.