Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Archery Gear
Xecutioner Broadheads >

Xecutioner Broadheads

Community
Archery Gear Bows, sights, rests, releases, quivers, cases, and more! Buy, sell, or trade all of your archery equipment here!

Xecutioner Broadheads

Old 04-08-2015, 03:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Boy, you have a lot to learn before you try to teach others, that is what many here have been trying to tell you without being too blunt. Someimes it take bluntness to get someones attention. If you consider the truth coming after you, you will never improve. You cannot be insructional before you know the material and putting out opinion as fact does not make you credible and soon no one will read your posts. You keep saying to keep the opinions coming, this opinion is based on in 56 years of hunting, rifle, handgun and archery and in fact teaching hunting safety and techniques of hunting and tracking and other things that go along with hunting. Continue to learn to hunt, find a mentor and after you actually have a knowledge base, not just something you read or saw on you tube or TV because there is lots of junk being passed of as fact, then if you want, create instructional hunting videos.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 04-08-2015 at 04:30 AM.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:15 AM
Spike

Thank you thank you thank you
Old 04-08-2015, 08:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

I've been at the archery hunting sport for close to 50 years now. Long before compound bows came into existence. I've shot and killed deer with both mechanical and fixed blade broadheads. Probably in the neighborhood of 35 or so. Having said that I must tell you that the fastest killing broadhead I have ever used personally was the 100 gr Magnus Stinger. As I recall I killed 4 nice buck with these and all fell within sight in the wooded areas I hunt. You can't beat that performance. The reason I switched to another BH is because the Stinger is not very strong. Depending on the bow I am using or the animal I am hunting I now use Rage Hypodermics or Slick Trick Vipertrick.
Many bowhunters today IMO are worried about the cutting diameter of the BH. The larger the cutting surface the more KE is required to drive it through a target. Any BH of a 1" or more cutting diameter (or even a FT) placed in the heart/lung area will quickly dispatch any whitetail. A large cutting diameter is an insurance policy for poor shot placement.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:56 AM
Spike

I 100% agree with every word you said. Very well said and put.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Bronko, as Bill Hickock said, " you can't shoot fast enough to make up for poor marksmanship". Right along the same line as what you just said.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:58 AM
Spike

Thank you for that quote I'm sure I'll be just fine and you can count on it
Old 04-08-2015, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

My favorite heads have been the G5 Montechs for quite a few years. In 2001 I was asked to test a set of them. I'd never found a fixed blade that would fly dead even with my field tips at distance. Of course I had seen several "claims" of it but had yet to find it truth. Until these. Then I had the opportunity to run one through a nice fat doe. And when I say "run through" I mean it. 22 yard dead broadside 26 feet up the tree. Passed through the deer and buried 11 inches into fairly hard clay. Blew a VERY nice exit as well as a nice entry. Doe went approximately 32 yards, stopped, shook, dropped. They have passed through many Deer since then and I have yet to have a set fail me. Just throw a head on the whet rock a couple of passes after you blow through a deer and you are good to go. Only had one ever break a blade and that was from hitting a rock after passing through a deer. Can't ask for anything more from a BH.

My number 2 favorite backup is the Slick Trick Magnum. It's not as tough as the G5 which is the ONLY drawback from that head. But replacement blades are fairly cheap for it even though they are top quality .035 and super sharp. They fly very well with my field tips out of my 300+ fps bows but they are EXCEPTIONAL out of my recurve rig.

I've tested many heads over the years and have seen many "claims" of "exceptional flight", "exceptional penetration" , "devastating damage", and to be perfectly honest, very few have lived up to all these claims.

With today's super speed high tech compound bows which can throw an arrow at 300fps+ with just 60 pounds of draw I know it is very hard to get true flight from a broadhead. Planing just goes berserk at those speeds. But a few, a VERY few companies have risen up to the challenge. The Xecutioner heads are NOT one of them. Out past 30 yards they are well off the mark. Of course the "marketers" on these youtube vids are not going to show that. And as Bronco so eloquently put it, larger cutting diameter is not always better. With length comes inherent weakness because of the leverage laws. You have to find that happy medium where you can cause the most damage while keeping the blades where they are supposed to be and not broken off. Mech. heads, most of them, just don't stand up to the rigors of going through an animal.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

All I can say is that I've now seen two threads this youngster has put out and it doesn't appear he's listening to a thing all of the experienced members on this site are telling him even though he keeps thanking them. This thread is particularly disturbing when he hadn't even tested the product that he's made the thread about and then doesn't even know that the ribs cover the lungs and talks about a person having to readjust so they don't hit ribs to get the arrow into the vitals, LOL! He keeps making posts thanking people when he still hasn't let the main message sink in and that is that he needs to back off and at least know what he's talking about before trying to "school" people on subjects he obviously knows nothing about. About one more thread like these first two and everyone will have him on ignore because about all he's doing here IMHO is spamming the site and getting arguments started due to his lack of knowledge when trying to come across as a 17 year old expert! I'm super glad that hunting is his passion like it is for a lot of us, but I really wish the youngster would back off and learn before trying to be an instructor. From all that's gone on so far though, I doubt that's going to happen!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 04-09-2015 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-09-2015, 04:01 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
All I can say is that I've now seen two threads this youngster has put out and it doesn't appear he's listening to a thing all of the experienced members on this site are telling him even though he keeps thanking them. This thread is particularly disturbing when he hadn't even tested the product that he's made the thread about and then doesn't even know that the ribs cover the lungs and talks about a person having to readjust so they don't hit ribs to get the arrow into the vitals, LOL! He keeps making posts thanking people when he still hasn't let the main message sink in and that is that he needs to back off and at least know what he's talking about before trying to "school" people on subjects he obviously knows nothing about. About one more thread like these first two and everyone will have him on ignore because about all he's doing here IMHO is spamming the site and getting arguments started due to his lack of knowledge when trying to come across as a 17 year old expert! I'm super glad that hunting is his passion like it is for a lot of us, but I really wish the youngster would back off and learn before trying to be an instructor. From all that's gone on so far though, I doubt that's going to happen!
...Deleted by CalHunter...

Last edited by CalHunter; 04-10-2015 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Rules 2, 8 & 12--7 day temp ban.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here we go again!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 04-13-2015 at 07:17 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.