Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Archery Gear
Xecutioner Broadheads >

Xecutioner Broadheads

Community
Archery Gear Bows, sights, rests, releases, quivers, cases, and more! Buy, sell, or trade all of your archery equipment here!

Xecutioner Broadheads

Old 04-10-2015, 11:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bronko22000
I have to confess (if you read my previous post) I believe I was fortunate once when I shot a 1500 pound bull bison with a 125 grain Magnus Stinger broadside at 35 yards and watch the arrow pass completely through and kept flying across the prairie never to be seen again. After examination, the arrow passed neatly between the ribs on both sides. That bull made three 360* rotations, ran about 25 yards and collapsed. But on the other hand I can remember hitting a whitetail's rib so squarely it sounded like a 22 LR going off.
I've shot 3 or 4 bison and been in on shooting about 6 others.

Lot of difference in the spacing of the ribs on a bison, or elk for that matter, and the spacing on the ribs of a whitetail or mulie. I've seen a lot of broken ribs on deer when I was skinning them.

Last edited by flags; 04-10-2015 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've taken 2 Flags. The first one I learned the hard way that the ribs get closer together the lower in the chest they are. On my first one I wanted to shoot him in the heart and when I released the arrow it flew exactly where I wanted it. But when it hit I may as well had been shooting at a cement block. I got about 3" of penetration. It took me about 3 hours of cautious stalking to finally be able to put a second one through his lungs at just over 50 yards. He was none to happy about that and for a few seconds was thinking about coming to get the pesky human that kept poking him with sharp sticks. But luckily decided to turn and walk away only to fall and die on his knees after a short distance.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

Topic is closed until a complaint can be handled.

CalHunter
Old 04-10-2015, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

Topic is reopened after editing.

CalHunter
Old 04-11-2015, 07:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Cal - can you please be more specific as to what editing had taken place. Just for our own information.
Old 04-11-2015, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator

The individual posts by 2 members (including the OP_ have been edited and a "...Deleted by CalHunter..." inserted where their text violating the rules was removed. In addition, the reason for each post's editing is stated at the bottom of the post. What the topic doesn't show is that the member who filed a complaint ticket has also been temp banned for 2 weeks. He didn't post in this topic so there weren't any edited posts of his to convey that information. He was temp banned for insulting mods in his complaint ticket, filing multiple complaints about the same topic (he has done this before), only filing complaint tickets against certain members and not all involved parties (obvious bias) and abusing the complaint process in general. Hopefully he learns a lesson but that remains to be seen.

If your question is about trying to figure out how to avoid getting into the same trouble as the temp banned members, it's simple. They argued, insulted and flamed each other to the point where the topic was completely hijacked with their rules violations. I am still evaluating the OP's posts as I believe the topics are filed in the wrong forum as well. If this doesn't fully answer your question, please PM me.

Cal
Old 04-11-2015, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

I've examined the OP's link to his YouTube website and have concluded that his link directs people to commercial websites advertising archery equipment for sale (Executioner Broadheads.com and Bowdaddy's.com). Such linkage constitutes advertising and is not just a "product review." Therefore, the topic has been moved to the classified forum for archery gear.

CalHunter