Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Airgun Hunting
Whats a good .22 air rifle? >

Whats a good .22 air rifle?

Community
Airgun Hunting The Silent Killers - Discuss hunting with airguns, equipment, tactics, and everything else

Whats a good .22 air rifle?

Old 01-09-2019, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by idahoron
I have been shooting air rifles for probably close to 45 years. My son got me into it again real hard about 5 years ago. We had an infestation of Rock Chucks and Skunks. I got a Winchester 1000 in a .177 That one was my first fast gun.
I got a Benjamin trail NP2 .22 then a Hatsan 125TH .177 after that. The NP2 and the Hatsan would horrible guns. I sent the Hatsan back and got a refund when the scope rail fell off. I decided then that I was going to get the best and be done. I got the TX200. I first put a UTG scope on it and it was crap. I used a UTG mount and it was crap. I went with a Vortex 6-18x44AO with a BKL one piece mount. That system is flawless. I have over 5000 rounds through it and LOVE it.
I got to love a guy that puts a Vortex on an air rifle!!! I run a Ruger Targis .22 and its beer can accurate at 100 yards. I'm still running the scope that came on it, because it hasn't failed me yet, I'm itching to swap it with a vortex Diamondback that is on my son's .243 and upgrade him. You boys are running some seriously sweet air rifles.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

This thread is getting interesting. And expensive.
Old 01-14-2019, 12:49 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by CarsonRowe
Looking for a great .22 for squirrel, coon, rabbit, crow, pigeon, and others.
As you probably expect; the price you're willing to pay is going to make a difference, in what you get. I have quite a few air rifles myself.
Aside from price there are a bunch of other considerations. Such as power plant. Do you want a gas ram? Or a steel spring driven model? Maybe a pumper like the Sheridans? Or even more expensive... PCPs.
Lots of things to consider... But price is going to make a lot of choices for you. Good luck. But I gotta warn you... Airgunning has been known to be highly addictive.
Old 01-14-2019, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Now that's a true statement.
Old 01-14-2019, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DevilsLuck
As you probably expect; the price you're willing to pay is going to make a difference, in what you get. I have quite a few air rifles myself.
Aside from price there are a bunch of other considerations. Such as power plant. Do you want a gas ram? Or a steel spring driven model? Maybe a pumper like the Sheridans? Or even more expensive... PCPs.
Lots of things to consider... But price is going to make a lot of choices for you. Good luck. But I gotta warn you... Airgunning has been known to be highly addictive.
Decisions, decisions. But fun ones to make. When I was a kid, I could only afford a Crossman 760 pumper. My buddy had a Sheridan and that thing was unbelievably powerful. Those 5mm pellets were a lot harder than my .177's and would go through just about anything.
Old 01-16-2019, 05:41 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by gemihur
Money is the deciding factor.
If ya' got the coin, look at Beeman R9. I bought one 5 years ago in .20 cal and have never regretted the investment. Consider the used market to save considerable $
A nice inexpensive one would be a Benjamin Titan NP Air rifle.
Titan 22 is very accurate however a bit heavy. The Crossman Diamondback SBD Nitro is much lighter and easier to carry on a long rabbit hunt and is cheap. It still drives tacks.
Old 02-02-2019, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gamo for me.
Old 04-14-2019, 01:18 PM
Spike

PCP or springer?
Old 04-24-2019, 10:11 AM
Spike

My benjamin titan sp is a squirrel slayer. love it. the scope kind of stinks but it works.
Old 06-25-2019, 04:45 PM
Spike

OP should make a good personal decision depending on the budget