HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whats a good .22 air rifle?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 12:49 PM
Tufrthnails
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by idahoron
I have been shooting air rifles for probably close to 45 years. My son got me into it again real hard about 5 years ago. We had an infestation of Rock Chucks and Skunks. I got a Winchester 1000 in a .177 That one was my first fast gun.
I got a Benjamin trail NP2 .22 then a Hatsan 125TH .177 after that. The NP2 and the Hatsan would horrible guns. I sent the Hatsan back and got a refund when the scope rail fell off. I decided then that I was going to get the best and be done. I got the TX200. I first put a UTG scope on it and it was crap. I used a UTG mount and it was crap. I went with a Vortex 6-18x44AO with a BKL one piece mount. That system is flawless. I have over 5000 rounds through it and LOVE it.
I got to love a guy that puts a Vortex on an air rifle!!! I run a Ruger Targis .22 and its beer can accurate at 100 yards. I'm still running the scope that came on it, because it hasn't failed me yet, I'm itching to swap it with a vortex Diamondback that is on my son's .243 and upgrade him. You boys are running some seriously sweet air rifles.