HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Too much talk about equipment & not enough talk about fitness & nutrition.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:33 PM
whitetails & muskies

Default RE: Too much talk about equipment & not enough talk about fitness & nutrition.

Good topic and right on the mark. Yep, I'm from WI and no we don't have much for terrain to climb, but I do try to stay as fit as possible over the winter months, so that come spring and summer, I'm "almost" there :-) Ride a stationary bike, work out on the Total Gym and keep eating lots of veggies and fruit. You can be very fit and lean, but the altitude will still get a person. Thats why when I head for the moutnains, I typically try to get there a few days ahead of time to aclimate as best I can to the altitude. You also want to try to shoulder your weapon (bow on this thread) just as you finish out with a rep of work outs...imitate running and trying to intercept a bull.

I'm going on my first archey elk hunt this fall. I've taken a few bulls with both rifle and front stuffer, but really can't wait for this one.