HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Too much talk about equipment & not enough talk about fitness & nutrition.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:25 PM
BareBack Jack
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Too much talk about equipment & not enough talk about fitness & nutrition.

WK,
I'm guilty as well,I usally don't start to excercise till summer,when there is no hunting to do,so I run.I do try to stay with a 2500 cal. diet and stay active through the year.I belong to the gym in Lewistown,I go 2 nights a week,I keep it light I run 2 miles and work on my legs with weight and keep it light on the weights and upper body,I'm packing enough upper body as it is.When summer hits I quit going to the gym and run the dirt roads out by the house.Then in July I cut my calories down to 1500 a day start the weights and try to tone up.
Hit the vitamins and stay away from McDonalds,walk as much as you can and if you can get out and hike the hills.I do this alot fishing in the summer walk the rivers and crick banks also row boats down the Missiouri.
All I can say about food is try and stay away from high fat foods,pastries,cakes,pasta's,if you are a big pop drinker try and cut that back,caffine,beer(one of my favorites) and liqours(alot of sugar in alcahol)
Eat fresh vegies any chance you get,I love salad bars(no salad dodger here).
Hope this helps,I'm no doctor and maybe you should set up a appointment with a dietition one day.
BBJ