HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - question/gentlemen robinhoods
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2005, 08:50 AM
max the dog

Default RE: question/gentlemen robinhoods

From a pure safety standpoint; Heck yea.
Everybody misses now and then and now that shotgun and muzzleloader technology has advanced to the point where they can still be very deadly at extended range even they can be too much in certain suburban area's. Not to mention the whole noise issue that gets some burbs upset. My Hoyt and heavy arrow combo is extremly quiet and someone 100 yards away has no chance of knowing that I made a shot. Even a quiet subsonic rimfire will wake the neighbors.
From a sportsmanship standpoint; Heck yea again.
I've hunted deer with long guns, shotguns, muzzleloaders, handguns, and archery gear. After all that I can honestly say that when I gun hunt, it feels like I'm cheating. It's just too easy compared to archery. The need for good woodsmanship skills is so reduced when using a rifle that I wonder why I some people even call it hunting at all. Right now I find it hard to watch the Outdoor channel because all the shows where you have some outdoor writer in a scent locked elevated blind hunting domesticated deer eating enriched deer pellets from a timed feeder while in a high fence enclosure. On top of that these use every concievable hunting aid there is (and turn the entire show into an infomercial when they tell us all about it over and over and over). Why do they need a laser rangefinder when the deer is standing 50 yards away in a marked shooting lane and he's shooting a .300 whizbang ultrashortmag. And why in the world are they wearing camo in that blind. They could wear a pink ballerina outfit up there and the deer still wouldn't know.