Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 SIG Handguns >

SIG Handguns

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

SIG Handguns

Old 04-08-2005, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default SIG Handguns

Just wanted to know what everyone thought of the SIG handguns?

How you would rate them quality, and reliability wise?

Thanks
hunter338
Old 04-08-2005, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: SIG Handguns

One of the best,IMO. My buddy has a Sig p226. All ammo feeds through it and in over 10 years he has never had a jam or misfeed. The price is up there but the quality is the best. I know the ATF,Texas rangers and Navy Seals use them. The cost gaurd just signed a contract with Sig for the new one P229 with the Double action trigger. I can't remember the name of the trigger pull. Hope this helps you.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are one of the finer semi auto's.They do cost allot but worth the extra cost.If you can see you way to spend that much money for a handgun by all means get a SIG.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 04-08-2005, 05:27 PM
bigcountry

Too expensive in my opinion. I like the way they feel, I just can't see all the extra cost like I could a Kimber Target II. I look at a kimber and I see the bells and whistles. I just don't see it on sig. I am a big berretta fan and like it just as well. Also love Glock.

Old 04-08-2005, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

Well the reason I am asking is becouse, I bought a Sig P229 in the 40 Cal.
and was just wanting to see about where everyone thinks they should be rated.

It is a fine pistol. Granted it is not in the same class as a Kimber, but too me it is one of the better tact. pistols out there.

This is my first Sig pistol and so far so good.

Thanks again.
hunter338
Old 04-08-2005, 06:11 PM

SIGs are very nice handguns. Like many things, you usually get what you pay for - and with the SIG you're getting a quality handgun.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I carry a Sig P229 in 40 cal as my off duty weapon. My on duty weapon is a Beretta 96 and it is a fine weapon too. However, after shooting a few thousand rounds from both the Beretta and the Sig, I definately prefer the Sig. The Sig is an excellent firearm and it will give you many years of service.
Old 04-09-2005, 01:58 AM

ORIGINAL: hunter338
..... I bought a Sig P229 in the 40 Cal. and was just wanting to see about where everyone thinks they should be rated. ..... This is my first Sig pistol and so far so good.
Thanks again.
hunter338
Hunter,
You have made an excellent selection, both as to gun and cartridge. I own a Sig P239 myself (9mm). Over the years I've had the good fortune to own, and/or fire many handguns. Much of that experience was during my years as an LEO, and served also as
a firearms instructor for a few years. For pistols I've had Colt 1911's (Gold Cup & Series 70), S&W models 39, 59, 469, 5904, 6906, Walther PPK/S. I've had occasion to shoot Baretta's (92 & Cougar), HK, Browning HP, and too many others to recall.
For me, the Sigs are the finest handguns I have had the pleasure of using. Not saying
there aren't other good weapons out there, but for the money, I find it hard to beat a
Sig - very accurate, reliable.
Good luck with yours. I'm sure in time you will find it to have been a very wise choice.
BTW, if you'd like more infor. on Sig you might want to check out Sig forum. Following is
a link.

Link: http://sigforum.com/
Old 04-09-2005, 07:27 AM
bigcountry

I find it hard to beat a
Sig -
Virginia, for a guy with your experience, I would be interesting to know how its "better" than say a handgun 300-400 dollars cheaper. Maybe you can point out some differences.

Old 04-09-2005, 09:40 AM

I have a Sig P220, .45 cal. I love the gun I have also shot and handled my cousin's Sig P229 .40 cal. He liked his so well he bought another; of course he won't give one to me. [:@] I really like the P229 and want to purchase on of them as well.

I have a set of Hogue finger grove grips on my P220 and my cousin always liked the grips and wanted some for his P229 but he could only find the Hogue grips with the no finger groves. Recently I found the grips with finger groves from bownells. I told him about it and he order them the next day. I have compared the P229 with stock grips and the one he put the Hogue ones on and the later is well worth the price and greatly improves the gun to the status of being the most comfortable and balanced gun I have ever handled even surpassing my P220.

Quick Reply: SIG Handguns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.