HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - RE: What is the best way to get kinetic energy II
Old 03-25-2005, 03:49 AM
Sylvan
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is the best way to get kinetic energy II

Sylvan - Instead of letting your brower opening the document, try saving it as a .pdf file on your PC and then open the file with Adobe.
Same thing, I guess I'll try downloading a newer version of Adobe.

You know I was thinking again how silly this argument is. If you think about it BOTH KE and momentum are just functions of arrow mass and velocity. They are both just numbers that you get by multiplying mass and velocity together but of course in a little different way so that you get a different result. However, increase mass and/or velocity and BOTH momentum and KE increase. Lower mass and/or velocity and BOTH momentum and KE decrease. But BOTH momentum and KE are again just numbers. You can't even measure either one them directly. There are only 2 real world things you have any influence on regarding momentum and KE and they are simply your arrow weight and how fast you propell it.

So to answer the original question, if you want more KE then throw your arrow faster or throw a heavier one or both. You'll have to decide for yourself what is best, but IMO put on a heavier arrow, that's the easiest.