HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How many really shoot less than 1 inch MOA for a hunting rifle?
Old 03-22-2005, 12:30 AM
HighDesertWolf
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many really shoot less than 1 inch MOA for a hunting rifle?

ORIGINAL: hawg man

I really don,t see to many people shooting 1 inch MOA out there at the rifle range,private or public. I sure don,t see these one holers! Now Really,How many of you are fibbing just a little? Oh, for the one hole shooters out there, you won,t have any trouble at any range shooting in the field. There must be a lot of shooters doing this,But Where?

first of all you obviously dont understand what MOA means. If your rifle shoots sub 1 MOA it doesnt necissarily mean your rifle shoots one ragged hole groups, MOA is a minute of angle which a minute of angle is slightly more then a inch at 100 yards aslong as your groups are inside of 1 MOA at 100 yards you are shooting SUB MOA, basically if you shoot 1 inch groups at 100 yards you are shooting sub MOA groups.

heres a picture of a 3 shot SUB MOA group from my m700 mountain rifle in 308 win, the ammo is factory Remington express 150 grain core lokts.