HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 3D SHOOTS: WHATS YOUR THOUGHTS
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2002, 07:29 AM
Rob/PA Bowyer
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 3D SHOOTS: WHATS YOUR THOUGHTS

I think 3D shoots are fantastic practice for hunting situations. You get one shot at an unknown distance. Now I realize your shooting for scores on the targets and if quartered a certain way, the best score isn't necessarily the best killing shot however it forces you to pick a spot and shoot to the best of your ability. Again, one shot at an unknown distance. 3D shoots will make a better shooter out of anyone as long as that person takes it seriously and thinks about the shot before and after.

After you've attended 3D shoots all summer and your in your tree and that buck/animal steps out broadside to you and your drawing your bow and all of a sudden you realize you've seen this shot all summer long and now it's just a matter of picking a hair and sending the arrow through the mark....

3D shoots are what you make of them. You can be competitive and learn alot and you can shoot for fun or hunting scenerios only and you can still learn alot from them.

I think all 30 targets should be setup for the optimal hunting situation, at the same time making them challenging at all yardages.

<font color=blue>Good Luck and Good Shooting</font id=blue>

<font color=red>Rob</font id=red>