HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question about sights
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2005, 03:33 PM
BGfisher
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question about sights

I have one now for a couple years. I've shot and huntied with multiple pin sights, target sights, pendelum sight and the present slider, as you call it.

I think it's the better of the ones I've used. As you stated, a single pin that you can't screw up with. Moving it for yardage while shooting 3D or practice is another advantage. Being able to move it while hunting for most of us eastern hardwoods shooters is not a plus. Just like having multiple pins, trying to move one for a particular hunting situation is like suicide. For most hunting I set mine for my 25 yard setting and leave it. With a bow speed around 260-265fps I've found I can shoot anything within 30 yards with a midbody hold. No guessing yardage, no holding high or low. Just aim and shoot. What could be more simple. The only other time I move it is if I'm in more dense cover where I'll set it for 20 yards.

I use the HHA OL-5000. The others, especially those with plastic just don't do mcu for this guy. I want bright, rugges and indestructible. Micro-adjust for windage doesn't hurt either

Are these the "best" there is? Not by a long shot. I just feel they are the most versatile for serving double duty.