HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sleeping Bags
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2005, 02:53 PM
ELKINMTCWB
Typical Buck

Default RE: Sleeping Bags

I am a nut When it comes to over night hunts. I do not make camps,I just use my bag a light tarp and live with it.I use horse and go back in the moutains [who knows how far that hunt].If I find the elk or hear them I sleep there.I have stayed in ins of snow every year.

I have 5 difrant bags now.

I have a 3-d -30 mummy bag allmost 7 pounds. Not a bad bag will work in normal hunting tents.Lot of ground cold comes though.

I have a outfitter sleeping bag. Only rated at -15 i think [not sure]. VERY VERY heavy. This is a good bag deal if weight is of no big deal.Sleeps like a -40 bag very good bag and well protected.

I allso have 2 alaskan guide bags. One is mummy one is not. One is -40 one is -20.This are in my opinion the best bags.they are thermolite insalation bottoms with down tops.In bad weather I cover the bag with the tarp.I had the -40 one for 3 years,with very good hunting trips.Some hunts it is way to much and need the -20 bag.This bag is just slightly heavyer than the 3-d but in my opinion two times the quality.