HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone use a Red Dot scope on their Turkey Gun?
Old 03-16-2005, 11:32 AM
quiksilver
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anyone use a Red Dot scope on their Turkey Gun?

I tried one last year, and it was the best new-fangled invention I've ever used. The one downfall is that after one year of use, I completely destroyed it. In Bushnell's defense, however, I am very very hard on equipment. It has been soaked, beaten, rattled and bounced around and always held its zero.

After the last week, the on-off dial was shorting out and falling off.

My hunting partner an I each went to a scope for the first time. We both shoot 3 1/2" mag's from a Remington 870. He went with a Cabela's turkey scope. I went with the red dot.

Well, after he busted his nose, blackened his eye, and cut bloodied his eyebrow, he finally admitted that the red-dot is the way to go on the 3 1/2" magnums.

The eye relief is awesome, the laser dot is easily acquired and looks great on that big tom's neck. Laser dots are the hot new look for gobblers for 2005 according to the latest issue of Tom Turkey Fashion Magazine : )

If you get one, here's a tip - make a bright paint mark on the off-position so that you can visually check the "on/off" position of the dial without having to look through the reticle. I was always forgetting to turn that thing off.