HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - [Deleted]
Thread: [Deleted]
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2005, 02:00 PM
Blodg

Default RE: Passin the Buck

atlasman actually said:
ORIGINAL: atlasman
the entire philosophy of QDM is to fill the woods with bucks like these right??
LMAO, and then when asked if he is serious with some of these ludicrous statements he says he is! Yes atlas, the purpose of QDM is to FILL the woods with big mature bucks, be one behind every tree.....

An intelligent debate can be fun but we all know there is no right or wrong, it comes down to your perosnal decision as long as it is legal.

Sylvan, I have asked this many times and not one person has ever given me an answer. Since you made a statement about selective hunting being "unhealthy for hunting" I will ask you as well. When my son starting sitting in the stand with me 3 seasons ago I have passed up several small bucks. In those 3 years my 11 year old son has seen bucks sparring, he has seen them make rubs, he has seen 2 or 3 bucks make scrapes, he has seen does bed down to later be kicked up and "scent checked" by a young buck, he has seen turkeys, coyotes (and still tells me I should have shot at the one that passed at 20 yards), and he has enjoyed squirrels, woodpeckers, etc... Not to mention this year in his first year of hunting he shot a 3 1/2 year old buck. Now most or all of these experiences would not have happened if I would have flung an arrow at the first deer to walk by! Now on to my question - What is wrong with sitting and enjoying nature while waiting for a mature buck??????? Why is this so bad for hunting? If the guy next door wants to teach his kid to shoot the first thing to walk by for meat that is fine with me but I want to know what is wrong with my method and why it's so bad for the sport?

I am sorry but I am raising my boys to appreciate the entire hunting experience and the actual act of killing an animal is only a small part of it.