HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Have a CVA looking at TC-HELP!
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2005, 07:42 AM
Triple Se7en
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Have a CVA looking at TC-HELP!

I currently own a CVA in line eclipse mag- theres the rub. I am worried about the safety issue of CVA and reliability. It is a really nice looking ML I won at Whitetails unlim banquet. I am going on a Muley hunt this fall with ML only and thinking I want total reliability (wet weather) . Am I wasting money thinking of T/C Encore (or any break-open) ? Should I stick with the CVA and call it good? Also have a Lyman 54 plains rifle- can't imagine carrying that in the mountains. Any help greatly appreciated as I am usually found on the archery boards and I'm a dummy when it comes to black powder.
============================================

With all MLs, it'a roll of the dice thing... especially with loading mistakes - because MLs are not governed like centerfires (SAAMI). You increase your safety, accuracy & quality odds shooting T/Cs and Knights over CVAs.

Yes... there have been "hospital-serious" action & breechplug issues with "plural" Eclipses.... as-per a private investigator on another message board. You could PM me to contact him -- but only if you ever got hurt due to an Eclipse malfunction.

I'm done here.