HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - "As Long as It's Legal"....Gimme a Break
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2002, 01:07 PM
Shortdraw
Fork Horn

Default RE: "As Long as It's Legal"....Gimme a Break

Just one thought as everyone seems to have covered it all. I didn't read everything so if this is a "dupe".... sorry. Wolfen... I would venture to say that MOST if not ALL states did not go to shotguns and muzzleloaders because of poaching etc. as you suggest. They simply did it as populations have moved to the country and built. Population density dictated going to weapons of less distance that lost their velocity and destructive power quicker. In NY you can still hunt in the Northern Tier with a rifle. In the Southern Tier there are more people, hunters and bald rolling hills that allow a rifle round to carry to the next valley. I'm 99% a bowhunter, but your incinuations about gun hunters are totally off base. It's a different world... live with it. First thing you know someone will be going after your bow for wounding or limited power or we can't hear it so you must be poaching with it at night or in town. Makes about as much sense as your depictions of the gun hunting world.