HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - No Excuse Cayugad
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 10:11 PM
Coyotemark

Default RE: No Excuse Cayugad

I am pretty sure that I am. After I pour the powder down the barrel, I tap the barrel and proceed to load the projectile. The powerbelts were very very easy to push down, when compared to the other sabot loads. I really hoped the powerbelts would have worked, as I like loading them (effortless). I always swab in between shots with combo mix of alcohol and antifreeze. I have been using antifreeze cause it has commonly been below freezing over here in Wisconsin. Do you think that the scope is screwed up, cause when I used my red dot scope, my shots only varied up and down and not left and right.

During my shooting at 50 yards, I would get two bullets touching, then one shot to the right 5 inches, then one shot to the left of my first shots 5-6 inches, then one shot low. I changed scope mounts from weaver style to a Burris standard base with Burris rings that have plastic holding inserts (these were expensive). Even with this setup, I got the same results.

I cleaned the muzzleloader thouroughly after 13 or so shots, but the barrel got swabed between shots. I am using a good solid rest on a bench.

The Gun (Knight Wolverine .45 Cal) seems like a solid good gun. The trigger is outstanding and the balance of the gun is good. I just can't seem to get it to shoot. Either I am doing something wrong, or who knows? Any suggestions would be great. Should I send the scope in for repair? I have a .50 cal Staghorn and I had no problems getting a two inch group at 100 yards with 250 grain Shockwaves and two pellots. I have shot nearly two and a half pounds of triple seven ffg. I AM FRUSTRATED