HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - WANTED: Choc. or Black Lab Pup
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 07:23 PM
CJHuntMSTR

Default RE: WANTED: Choc. or Black Lab Pup

Hey Cogar,
I have 4 black female lab puppies. They will not be ready till April, but they are healthy and both of their parents hunt and fish. They haven't been entered into any field trials or anything like that. Not because they wouldn't do well, I just don't have the time. They both hunt though and are vvery good at bringing the birds home. They've never failed in finding the bird, no matter where it has fallen and they have hunted till I called it quits and carried them back to the truck. My fault on that one too, was caught up in the hunt (dove) and didn't notice how hot and humid it was for them. They didn't want to stop, I made them stop and put them in the a/c in my truck to cool down and gave them water. They retrieved around 70 birds (dove) that morning in about 2 hrs time, between 8 hunters. They've also been used for duck, quail, squirrels and rabbits. They've protected me from snakes when I go fishing (the only time I've seen them growl and raise their hackles) by getting between me and the snake. If their pups are anything like them, they'll make great hunting companions. They are not hyper either. The will sit by your side for hours till you shoot, then their a ball of fire. I'm currently in Iraq, but am planning on visiting my brother in MI. If your interested, we can meet part way. Chuck