HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A letter from Taulman regarding Nonresident rights...
Old 03-09-2005, 02:57 PM
silentassassin
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A letter from Taulman regarding Nonresident rights...

Glen,

I don't make 200,000 a year and I support the legislation. I can't afford to pay a guide and I don't think for a second that Taulman cares whether I get a tag or not. However, our having a symbiotic relationship will help both of us in the long run. He wants NR restrictions lifted for his reasons and I want them lifted for my own reasons but why should I try to re-invent the wheel rather than just joining up and supporting him. I don't support his rationale for what he is doing but at the end of the day what he is doing is going to benefit all NRs and hopefully curtail some of the blatant descrimination and over charging of NRs. I do believe residents should get preference of NRs but I don't believe in the categorical difference in pricing between the two and I don't believe the ratio of tags that NRs get should be so dramtically low. So, yes I am supporting Taulman so I will be able to go out of state on my do it yourself hunts and not have to wait 3 years to draw a tag nor pay $5,000 for it once I draw it. That's rediculous and it's descrimination and I will support anyone that will help me ensure that these laws are put in place. It's not just the rich guys that this is affecting. It's affecting guys like me that like to hunt out of state but can't afford some of the astronomical tag prices that are being prostituted by some of the states these days. Game and Fish divisions all over the country have stopped being about game managament and started being about $$$$$$. In the end everyone that desires to some day hunt out of state are going to suffer if some legislation isn't put in place to reign them in. It isn't about supporting Taulman it's about supporting my rights. Taulman is just a vehicle to help me get there. Surely you guys are bright enough to see that.