HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ATV Polaris or Honda?
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2005, 09:43 AM
Sam Houston
Spike

Default RE: ATV Polaris or Honda?

Sol,

The Brute Force has a limited slip front end. Equal traction can be provided to both front wheels by pulling the yellow grip on the left handlebar (see picture in my previous post). The rear brakes are sealed multi-disc and disc on the front. You can get a more technical description of this machine at the link that I have provided. The transmission is variable speed (and I love it). You have 4X4 on demand, both high and low speed. I have traversed some pretty bad mud and very steep hills. So far, I have never had to lock the front end. But it is nice knowing that it is there. There are many fearures that makes this one of the top ATV's on the market and certainly one of the most powerful. In the end, it boils down to what you like and what the use will be. I certainly did not need a machine like the Brute Force but I can tell you that I have a smile on my face every time I fire it off and head out.

The Brute Force also has hand crank capability and can be started in any gear when the rear brake is applied.

I have heard several people complain about starting their ATV's in cold weather. Mine has never failed to crank on the first attempt when using the choke. I usually close the choke almost immediately after starting and it idles with no problem. The choke is not necessary during warmer weather.

I ride just about every day. So far, I have never had a single problem with it.

Review the link and let me know what you think about it. Better yet, go to a dealer and ride one.

KAWASAKI