HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - reflex?
Thread: reflex?
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2005, 04:52 AM
nodog
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: reflex?

ORIGINAL: Rick James

What everyone is saying is true, they are owned by hoyt and share a lot of technology. They share a lot of the same riser designs, similar cam and 1/2 tecnology. Their risers I believe are cast though as compared to machined for the Hoyts. They are great bows in my opinion if one can't afford to get into one of the new Diamonds and needs to buy a bow on the next tier down price wise. I think the Reflex is probably the best deal in that price area.

I am right now setting up a budget bow for my father to replace his ancient Bear, and he is going with a Reflex Excursion. We should have it next week. You can buy the thing for $249 at Cabelas now and I think that is a smoking deal for a bow that has the options and the specs this one has. It also should be a very forgiving shooter too with a 8 3/8" brace height and pretty quick for a bow of that brace height. I am hoping to have him in the 260 - 270fps area at 30" of draw, 70lbs, and a 29" GT 75/95 XT. With a Whisker Biscuit, and a Cobra Mini Venom sight, he will have less than 350 in it together before arrows.

I will put up a review when I am done setting it up for him and after we get it tuned.
God bless you and your dad with many years and many stories. And may God bless you with as good a children as you are to your dad.