Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

reflex?

Old 03-05-2005, 09:44 AM

Default reflex?

does hoyt make reflex
Old 03-05-2005, 09:47 AM

Default RE: reflex?

I think so, im purty sure they do.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:29 AM

Yes, they are related companies.
Old 03-05-2005, 02:20 PM

Reflex is owned by Hoyt and the technology used on the Reflex bows comes down from Hoyt. I own a Reflex and have absolutely no complaints.
Old 03-05-2005, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

What everyone is saying is true, they are owned by hoyt and share a lot of technology. They share a lot of the same riser designs, similar cam and 1/2 tecnology. Their risers I believe are cast though as compared to machined for the Hoyts. They are great bows in my opinion if one can't afford to get into one of the new Diamonds and needs to buy a bow on the next tier down price wise. I think the Reflex is probably the best deal in that price area.

I am right now setting up a budget bow for my father to replace his ancient Bear, and he is going with a Reflex Excursion. We should have it next week. You can buy the thing for $249 at Cabelas now and I think that is a smoking deal for a bow that has the options and the specs this one has. It also should be a very forgiving shooter too with a 8 3/8" brace height and pretty quick for a bow of that brace height. I am hoping to have him in the 260 - 270fps area at 30" of draw, 70lbs, and a 29" GT 75/95 XT. With a Whisker Biscuit, and a Cobra Mini Venom sight, he will have less than 350 in it together before arrows.

I will put up a review when I am done setting it up for him and after we get it tuned.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator

As said, more or less Hoyt bows. By the way, some of the Reflex bows do have machined aluminum risers.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rick James

What everyone is saying is true, they are owned by hoyt and share a lot of technology. They share a lot of the same riser designs, similar cam and 1/2 tecnology. Their risers I believe are cast though as compared to machined for the Hoyts. They are great bows in my opinion if one can't afford to get into one of the new Diamonds and needs to buy a bow on the next tier down price wise. I think the Reflex is probably the best deal in that price area.

I am right now setting up a budget bow for my father to replace his ancient Bear, and he is going with a Reflex Excursion. We should have it next week. You can buy the thing for $249 at Cabelas now and I think that is a smoking deal for a bow that has the options and the specs this one has. It also should be a very forgiving shooter too with a 8 3/8" brace height and pretty quick for a bow of that brace height. I am hoping to have him in the 260 - 270fps area at 30" of draw, 70lbs, and a 29" GT 75/95 XT. With a Whisker Biscuit, and a Cobra Mini Venom sight, he will have less than 350 in it together before arrows.

I will put up a review when I am done setting it up for him and after we get it tuned.
God bless you and your dad with many years and many stories. And may God bless you with as good a children as you are to your dad.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

Hoyt bought Reflex a few years ago ---- I've got a Reflex Extreme split limb 2-cam that shoots awesome. It's fast, light, and consistent --- I love it.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:55 PM
Fork Horn

My son just bought a Reflex Buckskin and loves it. He has never shot a bow, but because my other son and I enjoy bowhunting so much, he wanted to give a bow a try. I couldn't see him spending the money I spent on my VTEC, so I suggested a Reflex because they are basically a Hoyt. After less than two weeks, he is shooting different spots on the target at twenty yards because he doesn't want to break his arrows. Seems to be a good bow for him!! Jim
Old 03-07-2005, 06:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 2eagles

My son just bought a Reflex Buckskin and loves it. After less than two weeks, he is shooting different spots on the target at twenty yards because he doesn't want to break his arrows. Seems to be a good bow for him!! Jim

Smart kid.