HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2005, 11:57 AM
rrules

Default RE: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

I would like to book a hunt for Caribou Winter '05. We are looking at Nov. 17-21. Is this too dangerous time to go? Is there a way to to track the heard ourselves and not to rely on an outfitter for heard notification?

I understand that if you go later into Nov., or December, you risk antlers coming off. Also on average, how is the temp and snow during Nov.17-21? Is it as nasty as I hear? I'm from Pennsylvania, so I'm used to cold weather hunts. We hunt all day with temps below 20F.

Also, what rifle is recommended? I use 30-06 carbine or 270 to hunt PA. I understand you want a flat shooting rifle.

How plentifull are the caribou really . . . in middle November? Thanks all for your help.
We went this for the first hunt in Mid-Nov. There were lots of Bou for opening day but the Satelite showed that they were not in the Zone when we left Maryland. The weather was not too bad when we were there. But you have to be prepared for sub-zero temps for sure. Your 30-06 will be fine for the Bou. If you read this entire thread most of the questions that you have will be answered.