HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - BP guns blowing up?
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2005, 07:20 AM
JsmesB67

Default RE: BP guns blowing up?

Encore50, first off welcome to the site. It's a wonderful thing to have a plethora of useful information right at your fingertips. The way I use these sites is buffet style, if it is of interest then I indulge, if not, then I leave it alone. I happen to take safety very seriously so I find myself interested in threads that pertain to it. I will say my convictions are strong when it comes to safety and firearms. That is my opinion. I made the mistake of thinking everyone else was like minded. I copy and pasted Randy's essay in the beginning of this thread only to let others read it and make their own conclusions. I had no idea it would generate such a response. Maybe that's a good thing, maybe it isn't. I do know, after reading the entire thread several times, I am more convinced than ever not to buy any muzzleloader that doesn't have a reputable company standing behind their product and I also know that not all people are going to agree on every issue. I enjoy a spirited debate, it's one of the ways I learn things. So from this I learned not only do I have to be extra careful at the range when shooting M/Ler's but I have to be cognizant of what the guy next to me is doing and SHOOTING.