HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - i want a new rifle....it's driving me nuts!
Old 09-03-2002, 10:40 PM
Prairie Boy

Default i want a new rifle....it's driving me nuts!

for the last month or 2 i've been itching to get a new rifle. i've read all the info on EVERY caliber chuck hawk has on his website and i've read tons of articles in mags and on the internet but i can't make up my mind what caliber to get! it's driving me seriously insane. i want a short compact rifle for close stuff. my 7mm mag will handle long range stuff. i want something for bear elk and moose and i've been looking at the 376 steyr and the 450 marlin. thing is they are both relativly new and who knows how long they will be around. i am also considering a 338 mag but then i would need a long action. then there is the 350 rem mag but i'd have to reload for that one. soooo many choices i'm getting dizzy! anyway if any of you guys are going thru or have gone thru what i am now and wanted a compact rifle like i do for the things i do let me hear what u picked and why. Quilly i really wanna hear how your 450 does this fall. the guide gun in 450 would seriously rock but if nobody other then hornady loads for it (same with the steyr) who knows how long it will be around for? this rifle should last me a life time but if i cant get brass 5 years from now it just won't.

cheers