HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - hunting one buck?
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2005, 01:20 PM
IL-Cornfed
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: hunting one buck?

No doubt the hardest thng about hunting/waiting for a specific animal is having the disipline to wait for THAT specific buck. If you're dreaming of a 160 class buck then you don't drop the bowstring on the first 140 class that walks by. It is certainly a very frustrating but also VERY rewarding game with the sweetest payoff in bowhunting. Goals make us all better and more effective hunters so hats off to anyone who tries to tackle such a goal. The one thing that can truly help swing the odds in a hunters favor is obviously having the ability to hunt as much of the specific bucks range as possible. Common sense suggests that you will stand a better chance of harvesting the buck if you can hunt more of his home range. If you are hoping to kill a specific mature buck on a 40 acre patch, you either better have the key food, the key bedding or the best funnel area between the two. Most hunters in my experience, simply lack the disipline and the ground to make this goal a reality. Bottom line, be realistic and have fun, but at the same time TRY to challenge yourself.

Btomlin, I have to say..... everytime I see those two awesome animals I can't help but stare in amazment!!! AWESOME bucks..... I bet they are going to look incredible on your wall side by side!!!