HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Spot Lights monster 2004 buck Team #7
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2005, 12:35 PM
Spot Light
Fork Horn

Default Spot Lights monster 2004 buck Team #7

Well I finally have been able to put my pictures on. This deer is the 2nd of 3 I killed in the 2004 season. I was unable to have any field pictures taken and I know they are important for a bow hunting contest such as this. I can say however that you can see that looking at the size of the deers rack that it is by no means impressive, however, it is the first deer that I had re-routed by calling and bringing it into bow range at 20 paces. I shot the deer November 20 at around 0430 in Wild Life unit # 94, which is a bow hunting only area of Ontario. In Ontario at least one point of the deer must measure at least 4" in length. A doe permit can be used on a deer under 4" in length. I killed him with my new Parker Pheonix bow with my Rocket mechanicals and carbon express arrows. Hit him perfectly broadside and made a 30-40 yrd recovery. 10 minutes later a HUGE 14 point came out on the heals of a doe, my first Pope and Young deer I seen in the woods. The deer has three points and suported a normal to large body , however his right front leg was previously broken and healed to about this size of a small foot ball. I believe that this occurred while the deer was in his antler growing stage causing the antlers to become deformed. You can see the 2004 unit 94 tag in the one picture. I measured him as follows:

Point #1 = 4.5"length
2.75" Base

Point #2 = 3.5" Base
2.5" Length

Point #3 = 2" Length

Width = 3.75"

Total 20"