HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - DE Deer Season starts in a few hours
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2002, 05:30 AM
Coolerpup
Fork Horn

Default RE: DE Deer Season starts in a few hours

I was in my stand at 5:45. I chose the stand location next to the swamp. Nothing happening till 730 when I heard a twig snap to my right. I slowly looked over and it was a medium size Doe. She was heading straight for me. She was wheezing with every breath. The sound is hard to describe. Sort of a half grunt/wheeze. She walked to within 10 yards, broad side, but i let her pass. She headed for the swamp. I figured the season is young, and I was hoping for a buck come by, but that was it for that stand. I pulled up stakes around 10am and headed for the truck.
Got to my truck and 6ptsika (Adam) was there waiting to help me drag out the big one :-) . He did better from his stand. he can tell you the whole story when he gets to a computer. I know he will be in this area till tues night.
I went back to another location till about 3 pm. I couldnt hold my eyes open. I kept falling asleep and could feel myself falling forward and each time it would startle me. So I thought the season is early, why risk getting hurt. So I packed up and headed home for a nice cup of coffee and a long nap. Hope others had good luck.

AllenC