HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Time for a new bow..
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 03:42 PM
throwingStarr
Fork Horn

Default RE: Time for a new bow..

That Golden Eagle was given to me about 4 years ago by a friend that wanted to get me into bow hunting , my guess is that bow was made back in the early eighties, the ATA on that bow is just over 47 in. their isn't much let-off on it i'd say theres probably about 20% let-off on it ,,yeah,, and little cumbersome when you are using a climber stand, now don't get me wrong that is an excellent bow ,i've gone up against others at those 3D Dart systems,,3D shoots and it performed just as well as newer bows, i shot my first "Muley" with it at 35 yds. 3 years ago, almost got my first elk with it last year ,,from my climber one early morning (i live in OR,,65% let-off) ,,but it's time for something with a little more quieter,,a little lighter and quicker with some power behind it,,and yes i'll take your guys advice and head down to my local shop and try out the different mods and work out some figures and all,,see i've got refunds this year coming soon and if i don't get it done right now there won't be much left if the misses has her way about things ,,but buying my climber last year showed me that old Golden Eagle just ain't gonna cut the mustard being up in that stand, i think going from an ATA of over 47 to something around 33ATA is definitely gonna help.