HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mountain lions, in PA or NY?
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 07:02 AM
Jason N
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mountain lions, in PA or NY?

There ARE Mountain Lions in Pennsylvania, at least in the Allegheny National Forest region in Warren County. You can keep a closed mind on this if you like still but i have seen movies and heard countless eyewitness accounts of sightings all over the county. Also this past summer a PAGC officer saw and videotaped a mountain lion in warren, although nothing else was ever said about it. It was in our newspaper and that was it. Just because the government says something is true does not mean it is. It sounds silly but i myself have even had a close encounter while camping. Basically we heard a large cat growl or caterwaul it is called, but i know what i heard.
BUNK! Considering I live here and spend countless time in those hills and on the lake I can attest that there is an enormous population of coyotes. But, alas, in all my miles every winter in the hills, on the lake, in the valleys, etc. I've never once seen a track that could even come close to a mountain lion. Now, we have bobcats around here and there. There's a fair population of bears. But there are no lions in Warren county.

Cougars have a home range of something like 100 sq. miles.....why/how would a population of these cats be together in a small area? They wouldn't, they aren't, and until I see some valid proof stories like these are nothing more than BUNK!