HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ground blind vs Tree Stand
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2005, 12:02 PM
Mr. .45-70

Default RE: Ground blind vs Tree Stand

I've hunted out of treestands for years and like the advantage they give for getting above the action. You can really see alot more than you can when your sitting on the ground. I used to spend hours scouting before the season and hanging portable stands. The last couple of season's I've had family commitments that have prevented me from doing so and now when I hunt out of a stand I use my climber. I like the climber for the mobility it gives me. If I come across a hot spot I can hunt it immediately. I don't have to take the time to take down a portable stand and relocate it. I'm a pretty good size lad at 6' and weigh 250 and don't have any problem using a climber. Also, the older I get the safer I feel in a climber compared to a portable.

As far as ground blinds, I'm also hunting more on the ground these days. I make a natural blind using dead limbs and branches. IMO I think they are a little more natural looking than the "pop up style". I also think that one's field of view is limited with these types as you would be confined to only seeing the section of woods available out of each window. I would think that their would be "blind" spots. No pun intended

Mr. .45-70