HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ever run into a Tresspasser?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2005, 12:03 PM
Rwalter63

Default RE: Ever run into a Tresspasser?

I've had it happen to me also. Usually the response is sorry I didn't see any signs or I was tracking a wounded deer and lost the blood trail heading unto this property. Even though its illegal to follow a blood trail onto posted property no one wants to see wound animal left to waste. So either you end up helping them look or they just end up giving up since they are making it up to cover their trespassing. Some people just don't care there hunting illegally, but I never had some one not leave. I have had people say that they have permission to hunt when I know they don't. I just ask them to move along. Usually the conversation goes something like this. Hey excuse me Sir do you realize your hunting on posted property? Sorry I didn't realize it, I must of missed the signs, I'll leave. so where does your border start.

Now you know that they didn't miss the signs since there posted every 50-100 ft and are visible for a long way off, but as long as they leave and don't come back I leave it at that.

Robert