HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NY Bowhunters proposal
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2005, 06:21 AM
Charlie P
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: NY Bowhunters proposal

Steve, I love hunting with the bow,but with all due respect it's not all about us. ML pay for a seperate license too.Gun hunters are a sleeping giant careful awakening them they have more money to lobby then we do.

Why did bow hunters get these long seasons originally because we had no impact on the deer herd. Well now supposedly there are 1 million deer in the state and the DEC feels their herd reduction numbers aren't being met. It's not about low impact on numbers anymore they want to see tags turned in. Telling te DEC to extend our season because we don't kill that many deer is counter-productive.

Are todays inlines a primitive weapon,No. You can't put the genie back in the bottle,they are here to stay.

NJ deer season just ended on the 31 st. Why not do something like that. The only reason I don't take advantage of the late season with my bow is it's too darn short. I'd love to start hunting with the bow again after deer start getting back on their patterns.

I don't see who or where the demand for an early rifle/mz season is coming from.
Proably the voice is companies like Thompson,CVA and every other MZ company that see's a huge market in our state and little oppurtunity.