HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NY Bowhunters proposal
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2005, 05:34 AM
doughboysigep
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NY Bowhunters proposal

On on board with your last post Steve.

(I originally misread the proposal and thought they wanted to go to Thanksgiving)

5 day late season is a non issue to me as well - its ML time - might as well leave it though for those that do bowhunt then

yep, armed scouting is exactly my feeling - and would be happy to have it, but it's not crtucal

I think the DEC wants the early ML for doe harvest - again, IF they want it early, why not have it Oct 1st for a week - I really don't see that effective bow season at all (or no where near as much as plopping it in the middle of ML) and like we agree, many bow hunters are not overly excited about bowhunting in early Oct. One way to help increase ML take (and doe take) is to allow make ML tags (and bow) legal during gun season. that way, if you want to use either in gun you don't have to "waste" your regular tags.

I don't think both seasons need to be exact, just a bit more equitable - I would be more than happy with a 3-4 week ML at the end of the season (even make a week or 2 at the end doe only?) My early suggestions were more from a standpoint of compromise and trying to give a little everywhere (ie DEC "wants" early ML....)

start bow early, regular gun, long ML season - sounds good to me (and simple)

it will be interesting how it all shakes out