HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mountain lions, in PA or NY?
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2005, 04:15 PM
Sylvan
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mountain lions, in PA or NY?

There hasn't been a documented mountain lion in the wild in New York State in over 150 years. Stories about the DEC or game commisions being responsible for introducing them is ridiculous. To believe this you have to accept a conspiracy theory of huge proportion. Virtually all of the game commisions and DEC's East of the Mississippi and the Federal wildlife commission will tell you the same thing. NOT THERE! Of all those people don't you think just 1 would go to the press. What a story it would make. Think how many politicians would loose any chance of re election when the public found out what they had done. Risking the lives of citizens in one of the most populated states in the country! And if somebody were attacked and the people found out the game commision was keeping it a secret, why the lawsuits would be amazing. Just think, the government couldn't even keep the stealth bomber a secret from the press for heavens sake. Do you think any government official would risk his/her job, law suits etc and manage to conspire with a whole bunch of other government officials just to control a few deer? Come on! Just because you want to believe something, doesn't make it true. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion but their not entitled to their own facts and to date the facts are that there is NO DOCUMENTED EVEDENCE!

I should add that its also against state and federal law to introduce a species into the environment without a public hearing so these officials could also be facing criminal prosecution. So lets see if I'm a dec official do I go through all of this to control the deer or just issue more permits?