HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New bow report- 60" t/d Kayapo by lone wolf
Old 02-01-2005, 11:27 AM
Lilhunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New bow report- 60" t/d Kayapo by lone wolf

Josh,

Did I hear you correctly? Black bear HUNTING? shew hehe. That'd be cool if I am around. My plans are to be gone by then running a charter boat till mid august, then taking off half of august and all of sept to hunt.

You said up north for moose, You are not talking off the haul rd are you? Realize most of its drawing or closed the farther north you get. (ie closed from atigun north, drawing basically from the yukon north)

I haven't touched bows yet other then some bamboo backed stuff. Was sick there for awhile, then went to 12's got all kinds of behind in everything, finally catching back up.

Keep me posted on the arra's or if you come up. I might have you bring something up for me. Cold again today, along with some ice fog, lots of moose being hit this year due to the snow levels.

Picked up a sovereign sonoran for a steal, though the grip is to small it shoots ok. I dont see the hype over it. The bow has less then 200 arrows shot through it, I am thinking of selling it to pick up a Dwyer a friend of mine has.

If things work out I'll be down your way for my capts class the end of April. I drew a Mn turkey tag for the end of may, not sure how thats going to work out. If it does I'll be gone chasing longbeards from the beginning of may through the end of hte Mn hunt then hauling butt back up here so I can get down south to fish all summer. I know I'll do sheep, it's just a matter of when, not quite sure my summer end date if I run the boat, we havent hashed that out yet. Not sure but I'd like to get north for caribou also being I haven't been up there now in 3 years. I am expecting some serious changes all together on the haul road so was hoping to get some time in before we loose it (which at this point is almost inevitable if you are following the blm pages). I'll keep ya posted on how things end up laying out.