Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 New bow report- 60" t/d Kayapo by lone wolf >

New bow report- 60" t/d Kayapo by lone wolf

Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

New bow report- 60" t/d Kayapo by lone wolf

Old 01-29-2005, 09:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default New bow report- 60" t/d Kayapo by lone wolf

I got a new bow in the other day. It is a 60" 2 pc takedown recurve by Lone Wolf Custom Bows called a Kayapo. First impression upon opening the box in one word......WOW!!! The bow is flawless. Everything is perfect on it. It has a modified treadway style takedown system that looks like it is going to work really well. The bow is 60" 62.5lbs @ 30". I was very impressed with how smootly it drew even all the way back to 30". Try as I might I couldn't find a place to shoot it today. The outdoor range I normally shoot at was all locked up and the only indoor range in town was having state indoor championships and unopen to public. I was pretty bummed. Since there is no such thing as a yard in anchorage and I highly doubt they would let me shoot at one of the parks in town I had to settle for shooting inside the aparment. I can get just over 10 yards if I shoot thru from my kit to my bedroom. On shooting I found the bow to be very quiet, much quieter than I expected, it also had no handshock and was stacking arrows nicely. Here are a couple pics for you guys. I'll post better when I get some.

Old 01-29-2005, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New bow report- 60" t/d Kayapo by lone wolf

Good looking stuff Josh. Havent heard from ya, how are things going?
Old 01-30-2005, 02:14 AM
Fork Horn

Been ok, working a lot, I was trying to find your number to give you a call last week but must have lost it. Email it to me. I've been planning on taking a long weekend and coming up to that area of the state to do some predator calling. What have you been up to?
Old 02-01-2005, 01:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Working also, gearing up for spring, trying to figure out how I am going to work this fall...to sheep, or not to sheep, that is the question. (and a pretty stupid one at that haha).

Been cold up this way off and on, I have not done ANY predator hunting this winter at all, at this point don't really plan to, besides my schedule is so off from almost everyone else's it would be foolish to try.

Anyways try this number 458-0398
Old 02-01-2005, 01:48 AM
Fork Horn

Dan-

I've had enough of working all the time and not getting any hunting in. This year is different. I am already planning a 2 week hunt up north for carabou and moose, my dad is coming up and we might extend it if we need to. I don't care if I have to quite my job to get the time off work, this year I am taking advantage of living in alaska. I'm also trying to put together a blacktail hunt, probably a 4-5 day affair for either out of cordova or possibly kodiak if the price is right. Spring blackbear is also looking good, I have a buddy who is running a bait station and my other friend wants to do some spot/stalk stuff just north of petersburg.

I took the kayapo out to cook inlet sunday and did some outside shooting. After some playing around I think that the 2219s I have are going to work out pretty good for now. I still need to get some shafts and make up some arrows matched to it. The 2219s are flying pretty good but I would like to bare shaft a few different shafts to fine tune one.

How is the bow building going? If I make it up north to do any hunting I'll give you a call just in case. Maybe we can do some black bear hunting this spring. Talk to you later,

Josh
Old 02-01-2005, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Josh,

Did I hear you correctly? Black bear HUNTING? shew hehe. That'd be cool if I am around. My plans are to be gone by then running a charter boat till mid august, then taking off half of august and all of sept to hunt.

You said up north for moose, You are not talking off the haul rd are you? Realize most of its drawing or closed the farther north you get. (ie closed from atigun north, drawing basically from the yukon north)

I haven't touched bows yet other then some bamboo backed stuff. Was sick there for awhile, then went to 12's got all kinds of behind in everything, finally catching back up.

Keep me posted on the arra's or if you come up. I might have you bring something up for me. Cold again today, along with some ice fog, lots of moose being hit this year due to the snow levels.

Picked up a sovereign sonoran for a steal, though the grip is to small it shoots ok. I dont see the hype over it. The bow has less then 200 arrows shot through it, I am thinking of selling it to pick up a Dwyer a friend of mine has.

If things work out I'll be down your way for my capts class the end of April. I drew a Mn turkey tag for the end of may, not sure how thats going to work out. If it does I'll be gone chasing longbeards from the beginning of may through the end of hte Mn hunt then hauling butt back up here so I can get down south to fish all summer. I know I'll do sheep, it's just a matter of when, not quite sure my summer end date if I run the boat, we havent hashed that out yet. Not sure but I'd like to get north for caribou also being I haven't been up there now in 3 years. I am expecting some serious changes all together on the haul road so was hoping to get some time in before we loose it (which at this point is almost inevitable if you are following the blm pages). I'll keep ya posted on how things end up laying out.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:54 PM
Fork Horn

I know, I know, black bear, yes I said it. I always said I had no desire to black bear hunt but its been three years now and I have done hardly any hunting at all. I'd hunt about anything right now just to be out hunting.