HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New bow report- 60" t/d Kayapo by lone wolf
Old 02-01-2005, 01:48 AM
Josh Sorensen
Fork Horn

Default RE: New bow report- 60" t/d Kayapo by lone wolf

Dan-

I've had enough of working all the time and not getting any hunting in. This year is different. I am already planning a 2 week hunt up north for carabou and moose, my dad is coming up and we might extend it if we need to. I don't care if I have to quite my job to get the time off work, this year I am taking advantage of living in alaska. I'm also trying to put together a blacktail hunt, probably a 4-5 day affair for either out of cordova or possibly kodiak if the price is right. Spring blackbear is also looking good, I have a buddy who is running a bait station and my other friend wants to do some spot/stalk stuff just north of petersburg.

I took the kayapo out to cook inlet sunday and did some outside shooting. After some playing around I think that the 2219s I have are going to work out pretty good for now. I still need to get some shafts and make up some arrows matched to it. The 2219s are flying pretty good but I would like to bare shaft a few different shafts to fine tune one.

How is the bow building going? If I make it up north to do any hunting I'll give you a call just in case. Maybe we can do some black bear hunting this spring. Talk to you later,

Josh