HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Any Minnesota BP hunters here ?
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2005, 05:41 PM
holmer

Default RE: Any Minnesota BP hunters here ?

Hi Steve the problem with vision and open sights are there. I to a'm having difficulty with blurring.You may inquire abought the RED DOT type sight there is zero magnifcation on mine, have not set it up yet. I have hunted black powder for the last nine years started with hunting the muzzel season but with the lack of hunting pressure and less deer after the rifle season I hunt the rifle season now . We have a group of 11 hunters 3 archery hunt 3 black powder 5 with rifles. Next year I will hunt with a scope on my omega .50. I'm not putting a scope on for long range shooting just for the clearity of a fine sight verses the glob of front sight at 75 yards on shoulder of a deer. I have passed up shots at 75 yards because of sight issue being slighty blurred. I have hunted starting in 1967 my longest shot was 110 yards down to 6 yards I bow hunted starting in 1980 stopped in 1994. In 1994 shot my first blackpowder deer. Now I hunt with blackpowder and will use a scope this fall. Check on the RED DOT there has been some chatter in the forums so do a search there are many other forums that deal with blackpowder shooting and hunting .Good luck holmer