HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - which 300?
Thread: which 300?
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2005, 02:37 PM
dkhamner
Fork Horn

Default RE: which 300?

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Dk, why don't ya like the 300WSM? I loaded for both and currently have 300RUM. If I had it over again, I would had my gun built into a WSM than the RUM. I have a hard time finding a bad load for the WSM. But the 300RUM is alot more finicky.

the .300 wsm is an excellent round sorry i didnt tell more. i had the .300wsm in the savage rifle with the ballistic plex Springfield armory scope on it. that scope is calibrated for the .308 round not the .300wsm round. you know that the .300wsm shoots much flatter than the .308 so i wasn't getting the results i wanted at the long ranges. it wasnt the round itself that i didnt like, it was the results. and the recoil on it was like that of the RUM. you could say that i should've tried the wsm with a different scope but i didn't. i do not have the capabilities nor the time to handload my ammo. that being said, i have found a rifle in the .300 rum that is very accurate with factory loads. if i had my .300rum and a .300wsm laying side by side shooting factory ammo, i would choose the .300rum.