HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Problem with sore muscle in my forearm
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2005, 12:18 PM
Carroll B

Default Problem with sore muscle in my forearm

I got a new bow 3 weeks ago. This is the first time I have shot a bow in 40 years. I'm in my late 50's. I'd been working out with weights before getting the bow but still only wanted a bow with a 50-60 pound draw. The bow is set for a 58 pound draw weight with a 75% let-off. I have only been shooting 3-9 arrows a day. The muscle (brachioradial) in the forearm that holds the bow is sore. I do not lock my elbow when shooting and now my bow arm is too sore to shoot. I laid off shooting for 4 days and then yesterday shot about 6 arrows before the pain was too much to keep shooting, plus I almost missed the target at 10 yards. My son watched me shoot several arrows yeserday and didn't see any major problems with my form. It doesn't both me to lift weights but even holding the bow at arms length like I would be shooting it, without drawing makes that forearm hurt. Any suggestions other then to stop shooting for a week or so to rest that forearm muscle?