HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New bow report- 60" t/d Kayapo by lone wolf
Old 01-29-2005, 09:06 PM
Josh Sorensen
Fork Horn

Default New bow report- 60" t/d Kayapo by lone wolf

I got a new bow in the other day. It is a 60" 2 pc takedown recurve by Lone Wolf Custom Bows called a Kayapo. First impression upon opening the box in one word......WOW!!! The bow is flawless. Everything is perfect on it. It has a modified treadway style takedown system that looks like it is going to work really well. The bow is 60" 62.5lbs @ 30". I was very impressed with how smootly it drew even all the way back to 30". Try as I might I couldn't find a place to shoot it today. The outdoor range I normally shoot at was all locked up and the only indoor range in town was having state indoor championships and unopen to public. I was pretty bummed. Since there is no such thing as a yard in anchorage and I highly doubt they would let me shoot at one of the parks in town I had to settle for shooting inside the aparment. I can get just over 10 yards if I shoot thru from my kit to my bedroom. On shooting I found the bow to be very quiet, much quieter than I expected, it also had no handshock and was stacking arrows nicely. Here are a couple pics for you guys. I'll post better when I get some.