HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Simplicity?
Thread: Simplicity?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2005, 07:12 AM
Jerry/Pa

Default RE: Simplicity?

I was also hoping someone with a secret tuning method for the cam .5's would post but maybe it dosen't exsist. Last year when I got the Omegea cam I went threw my tuning procedure minus the creep tuning. Only because I don't see creep tuning effecting the proformance of the cam .5. The end results was a bow that shot better then my own ability.

I hear people say it's not the equipment. To some degree I agree. BUT through the years and many different bows and manufactures there where certain bows I shot better then others with simular spec. The most resent are the Merlins. This is not a plug for Merlin it's a reality. For what ever reason these bows feel so balanced and comfortable in my hands from the first time I shoot one. I want to think I can tune a bow as good if not better then the average shooter. The only reason is because I send so much time shooting and tuning almost to a fault. I'm getting better at over tuning and being able to keep my hands off the bow after I get it to the point of shooting as good as I can shoot. So even comparing the Merlin cam .5 to there rapid cam. The Omega cam shoots more consistent for me with less of the maintenence. I'm shooting two different bows right now a Darton Mav and the Max 3000. The Mav. is a shooter with good balance, draw cycle and speed that I enjoy shooting. Love it for hunting. The Max 3000 has simular specs but I can shoot that better. The only way I have to measure is with my scores and placement finishes in tournaments. Last year through the 3-d season my scores increased to levels I never thought possible.

My point being I don't think there's any special tuning methed for these cams. It's the patients to go through the tuning process to get them shooting to there maximum proformance and have confidence in your equip. Which goes back to technology advancement in equipment has lifted the proformance level and in turn allows more people to compete at a higher level then in the years past. Jerry