HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Attention NE hunters!
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2005, 06:48 PM
vtbuckrulrss
Fork Horn

Default RE: Attention NE hunters!

while i wouldn't say that we are chock full of poachers, i am certainthere are more than our share. however, vermont is far from being known as a state full of them. trust me, as one who in the not so far past has worked with many of the local dregs of society, that's something even they didn't do. i think that the mainers steal vermonters plates when they come vacationing here, slap them on in november, then do their dastardly deed, lol. just kidding. but i tell you what, vermont has wonderful hunting and fishing opps. as someone who has hunted here for 23 years, i can tell you it has done nothing but get better and better. like rick said, the turkeys are everywhere, as are the deer. i know that i have shot a buck 3 out of the last 5 years, and the only reason i didn't score on a buck the other two was because of the girlfriend having our children. numerous does since 96. very few people get two bucks here, despite the regs allowing it, fewer get 3. if a person can't shoot a deer here, then they aren't trying. look for example at how many deer we shoot in bow season, i know we did used to lead n.e. in bow kills. and we have shot many large deer every year, i wish our dept. would just publicize it like the surrounding states do. vermont is truly THE sportsmans paradise of the northeast, handsdown. thanks to the dept, my hat is off to you, keep up the good work, kick out the cockroach laroche. he will be our downfall, just you watch. dumbass ar's and qdm ideas.