HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shorter ATA Bows?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2005, 10:28 AM
IL Rancher

Default RE: Shorter ATA Bows?

Well, that makes a lot of sense. It really does. I am really beginning to doubt that my draw should be 29 inches but when I had one proshop measure me they used a longbow type thing with a arrow on it and had me pull back until I got to the proper anchor point on my jaw with the nock and they say it should be 29". But I just had my wife measure my armspan and if I do the divide by 2.5 method that Huntersfriend mentions on their website than I am really a 28 as my arm span is only 70.25 inches (And I grew up as a long armed kid. Guess they stopped growing shortly before I did). I really need to go someplace and shoot a couple 28 inch bows and see what they feel like. What makes me think this is that the 29 has always felt a bit longer than I would like but I keep getting told that it is right...hmm. Maybe time to trust my instincts on this. I am not worried about loosing speed as if I can't shoot straight enough because the draw is too long I will just be missing my target faster.

As far as the ATA thing I will say the long riser bows that were in the 31-33 range felt more steady than the long arm 35 inch bow I have. Well the Defender was hard to tell on but the others were just so much more steady. I am probably 2-3 months away from actually buying a bow I am just trying to get some input from people not trying to sell me something.