HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Simplicity?
Thread: Simplicity?
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2005, 07:17 AM
Trushot_archer

Default RE: Simplicity?

Is today's equipment geared towards and heading to less tuning? A trully maintenance free (or shall we say maintenance-reduced) bow?

At what cost I might ask?
I beleive it is Frank....but don't get stuck looking at the top contenders/producers to see the changes that your talking about.

They break the ground and have the ideas and create the shift and turn the heads..sometimes just for it's own sake with the tradeoffs being what they are as you well know.

But patent or no patent...we can surmise that every new idea spawns another in someone else. I see a gradual "tweaking" of many things that one comapny had the idea for, and another company took the ball an ran.
(Darton/Hoyt for one instance).

The answer to the question as I see it, "Are they better and is it worth it?" is ....Maybe not at first. But Yes when you look at the medians of the industry over the course of a decade.

Take a Renegade Nuge bow....no offense here but about as mediocre a bow as you can get IMO

Compare it to a XI legend from even 6-7 years ago.

Pick any bow you want really.

Obviously there were some great shooters back than but Quieter? Faster? Better balanced? More forgiving? Well...apple to apples now