HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Simplicity?
Thread: Simplicity?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2005, 09:13 PM
muzzyman88
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Simplicity?

Frank,

On the subject of arrow rest, I do agree with you in the fact that drop aways don't really offer any accuracy advantages. All things being equal. But I do think they offer some benifits to fixed position styles in hunting situations. One, some, not all, have better containment features. The other, and this is solely personal opinion, is that I feel they are slightly more forgiving to not so perfect form that we so often times find ourselves in while hunting.

I think cam design has come a long way. They are finding ways to generate more energy. Bowtech is a perfect example. With the coming of the VFT design, they seem to almost take the limb movement out of the equation. The eccentrics are doing the same work as the traditional limb angles did with other cams. This amazes me. Previous designs utilize much more limb movement to aid in arrow speed. And with that, we get quieter, more vibration free bows then we have ever had. They are also beginning to experiment more with the draw curves these days. Making them more enjoyable to shoot.

I think its like anything else in life. New advancements create new draw backs. Heck look at modern medicine. Correcting one problem usually creates a whole new set of side affects you have to deal with. Some are not hard to get used to, other may be.